Thursday, March 31, 2011

Real life here I come... :/

It seems like so many of my old friends from elementary school and middle school are posting a lot of "remember whens"... Yeah I remember like it was yesterday. Wasn't it yesterday? Where did the time go? What happened to the days when my biggest concern was who to trade stickers with at recess? Who to pick for my team? If anyone was going to pick me for their team? If that boy was going to call me? (actually, pretty sure I still worry about that one way more than I should) Or that big worry that seemed to plague my life for years - what do I want to be when I grow up? Sure I've decided what I want to be, I even have a job lined up for the fall, but now the worry is, am I ready to grow up? And what does it mean to grow up? Just different things to worry about? Different concerns? Notice I said different, not more important. To the elementary school girl, stickers, soccer selection at recess, and making flower necklaces are a BIG DEAL. Who you're going to invite to your birthday party is HUGE. When you're in middle school, all that weird stuff going on with your body is a BIG DEAL. One zit is life or death. Just because we can now look back on those things we've conquered with a smile doesn't mean they were menial or small. It just means, one day that phone call I'm thinking about, that feeling of am-I-ready? will be conquered and I will look back on these concerns, trials, whatever-you-want-to-call it will all seem small compared to my mortgage payment, my family, taxes... So why worry? I've done it before, I've conquered each struggle as it has come or I've failed and learned from the situation. I know it will all work out if I just do my best.



It'll all work out in the end, and if it hasn't worked out, its not the end.

If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today. ~E. Joseph Cossman

I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time. ~Charlie Brown (Charles Schulz)

If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

You can't wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time. ~Pat Schroeder

Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is to small to be made into a burden. ~Corrie ten Boom, Clippings from My Notebook




Now I just need to decide what kind of a teacher I want to be... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paisley