Sunday, January 31, 2010

look, i'm blogging again!

So.... I was kind of against blogging when I got back from Jerusalem (as you can see, I've only posted one thing that was not about Jerusalem) because life was just kinda lame in comparison.... I couldn't write, "So I just got back from the Garden Tomb..." or comment on how hot Egypt was. But I'm sitting at my grandparent's and thought I would just let anyone who wants to read this know whats going on in my life!

This semester has been insane. Actually, not really, that was an exaggeration. But it has been crazy. I have a four hour class every day of the week. I love the people in it, usually I don't make lots of friends in my classes cause they're big and I'm all about the in and out, but I really like the people in this class. Its fun and I'm learning about what I want to do when I grow up (which turns out is in just a year and a half.... how does that happen?!) I get to go visit schools and
pretend teach to my peers and occasionally for real teach at the schools we visit. So I like the class but it is basically my life and I'll be happy when my schedule is freed up on February 25th. Hallelujah! (I've found myself saying that a lot lately, and "amen" too. Apparently it's not as socially acceptable here in Utah as it is in the South... too bad.)

I'm also taking my "Capstone Research Seminar" class. Sounds scary? It is. I have to write a 20+ page paper, mostly from primary sources that will contribute to the scholarship on slavery. I'm writing about how Uncle Tom's Cabin was received in the North versus the publication of actual slave narratives. There's nothing like carrying a stack of over 10 books out of the library to improve your nerd image. You should probably get on the waiting list to read it, you don't want to pass this one up.


I'm also taking New Testament from one of my professors at the Jerusalem Center, Bro. Skinner. He's pretty awesome and I recommend taking one of his classes or reading one of his books. Him and our director, Bro. Brown put together a series on the Messiah that plays on BYU TV at 5 and 8 on Sundays. You should watch. Seriously, it's amazing.

So its been a busy semester so far, but good. Last weekend we had a 149th ward reunion at our house. The theme was white trash and it was so much fun! We got an old RV from one of our friends and went driving around and dancing, avoiding the po po at the same time... it was a blast! Last night I went snowshoeing, definitely not my thing. I felt like I was wearing boats on my feet like DaVinci in Ever After. Needless to say I was not very graceful and fell multiple times. I lost my phone and a glove in the snow and somehow they both turned up again later... It was fun though.... Pretty entertaining for everyone around me.

So thats about it. Reni and Will are back and we're gonna eat some grub! Woot Woot!

2 comments:

Paisley